Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking and fine-tuning the PDF after conversion from Word, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…If you recall, in the last chapter, we ran the accessibility…checker to determine if a PDF file has passed the checker.…As you incorporate all of these Word features…that you intend to pass on into the resulting…PDF file, you'll notice that even the simplest…of documents may not fully pass the accessibility checker.…This is normal.…At this point in time, almost every PDF file you create…will contain some elements that need fixed or adjusted to some extent.…The point of adding these features in Word, however, is to minimize…the number of those adjustments and fixes that need to be made.…
Let's take a quick walk-through of what you can expect to encounter.…I'm beginning this video with the Touchup.pdf file open…on my computer, and we're just going to dive right in.…I'm going to come over here to my Tools…pane, and we're going to go under the Accessibility category.…If you don't see it, again, click on…this Option button up here and choose Accessibility.…And I'm going to choose Full Check.…So again, I leave all of these settings…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.