Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking and fine-tuning the PDF after conversion from InDesign, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Doing all this work in InDesign, is going to save you…a tremendous amount of remediation time in the resulting PDF document.…But it won't be perfect, there will always be a certain amount…of remediation that will need to be done in the exported PDF file.…But hopefully, after incorporating the features in InDesign, it won't be much.…Let's take a look at an example of…what you could expect when exporting your PDF file.…So, I'm beginning this video with the…checking.indd file already open and I'm really…not going to touch this file, I just want to export it to a PDF.…
Because all of the features I've already incorporated into this document.…So, we'll go to the File menu, choose Export, and I'll save this to the desktop.…Use my accessible PDF preset.…And go ahead and export this document.…And there we go.…Now, the first thing I'm going to do, is I'm going to come over here to the…Tools panel and I'm going to click on…the Full Check option under the Accessibility category.…So, we'll go ahead and choose Full Check, and then I'll click Start Checking.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.