Watch this video to gain a better understanding of these checkers and how to check your PDF files.
- [Instructor] So, how do you check a PDF file…for accessibility?…Well, that's another good question.…There are a variety of tools out there to help you,…and the Acrobat Accessibility Checker is one of them.…The Acrobat Accessibility Checker is found right…inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as well as previous versions…of Acrobat Pro as well.…You can find it by going to the accessibility area…in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.…Another good tool is the PAC 3.0 Checker.…
That is a stand alone application that can be downloaded…from the following URL.…The PAC 3.0 Accessibility Checker is provided for free,…and it checks for PDF UA compliance.…This tool is a Windows only product so you'll need…to run this checker on the Windows operating system.…Finally, another checker that I really like…is a fairly new product called the CommonLook PDF Validator.…This is actually a plug in to Adobe Acrobat that checks…for PDF UA, WCAG, and even HHS compliance.…
It's very robust and fairly easy to use…but also runs only on the Windows operating system.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.