In order objects to appear at the proper location in the tagging structure, it’s necessary to anchor them within existing text frames. See how in this video.
- [Instructor] In order to get elements, especially figures,…to export at a very specific location…inside of your document,…it's often necessary to anchor images…and other elements into text.…InDesign has the ability to create an anchored object…that allows us to do just that.…So, just like with any new feature,…occasionally we'd run into some limitations…and this one of those…and I'm going to walk you through it here.…The first thing I'm going to do is…I'm just going to go to page four here.…
Let's first just cover how do we anchor an element.…I'm going to zoom in on the top here.…If you remember, when we use the Articles panel,…we can only put an image, as far as the Articles panel goes,…either before an object or after it.…Because this is a multi-page string of text frames,…I can only put this image before it…or at the very end of it.…So, that's not an ideal situation.…What I'm going to do here,…I'm going to show you how to anchor an item.…
To do this, you select the image…and you'll notice we have a square…in the upper right corner…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.