Almost every image placed in InDesign needs alternative text to describe the image in its context. See how to add that alt text by watching this video.
- [Instructor] So, I know this is becoming old hat to you,…and you definitely know by now…that all of the figures and images…used in your document need to have…alternative text applied to them.…And InDesign, just like Microsoft Word and PowerPoint,…even Excel, can also add alternative text to images,…and we actually have a couple of methods…by which we can do this that are quite powerful.…So I'm going to show you the first method here,…on the first page of the Alt Text document,…we have this logo up here at the top,…that's The Landon Hotel, and to add alternative text…to this graphic, with it selected,…we're going to come up here to the Object menu…and we're going to choose Object Export Options.…
And if you click on the Alt Text tab,…this is where we can choose Custom,…and then we can literally just type the text…into that field, so, if you wanted to,…I'll just delete what's here and we can…retype it, and you get the idea,…whatever you type here is going to become…the alternative text to that figure.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on Done,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.