Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video All PDF files are not created equal, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…The good news about the PDF format is that you can create a…PDF file from virtually any application…and using a variety of different techniques.…The bad news is that from an accessibility standpoint, those different…files and techniques do not create PDF files of equal integrity.…It's much easier to visually show this, than it is to explain it.…So let's take a look at a few examples of the same…brochure, and what properties make them…valuable or not valuable from accessibility standpoint.…Now I'm starting with the PDF_equal_01 file on my computer.…
And we're going to take a look at a couple…of the components that contribute to making the file accessible.…So, the first thing I'm going to do is I'm going to open up my tags panel.…So, over here in the navigation pane, I'm just going to right-click.…And chose tags from the list and that's going to show my tags navigation pane.…And the first thing you're going to see is that no tags are available and these…are components that help me to make…the different areas of the PDF file accessible.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.