Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting document properties, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Every PDF file has properties or metadata that…is required in order to pass most accessibility checkers.…When remediating a PDF document manually, you need to add this metadata as…there is no source file that can pass that metadata on to the PDF.…Let's see how easy it is to do this.…I'm beginning this video with the…properties.PDF file already open on my computer.…And the metadata that we need to add is…found by going to the File menu and choosing Properties.…
And if we click on the Description tab, you're going to see that there are four…main fields that need to be filled in,…in order to pass the Acrobat accessibility checker.…But other accessibility checkers as well.…So, what I'm going to do here is in the Title field,…I'm going to go ahead and type in here graphic design at Roux.…The Author, I'll put my name in here at this point.…And then we need to give it a subject.…So I'm just going to call this the Roux Academy Graphic Design Brochure.…
And then you can enter some important keywords that you find useful.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.