Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding metadata in Word, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Metadata is a requirement for an accessible PDF file.…Fortunately, that information can be added in a Microsoft Word document and will…get passed on to the resulting PDF file generated from the Word document.…There's four metadata fields that we want to be concerned with.…And that is the title, the subject, the author, and the tags or keyword fields.…This is a huge time saver, because you don't have to manually enter…the information every time to generate a new PDF from that Word document.…
Now, I'm beginning here with the metadata Word document already open.…And what I'm going to do is we're going to add some metadata here.…So I'm going to start by going to the File tab.…And you want to be in the Info section here.…Now if you're on the Mac platform, you…would go to the File menu and choose Properties.…And you can enter the same metadata.…Remember, however, that on the Mac platform, there's no…way to create a PDF file that includes this metadata.…
In order for you to be able to do that, you would need…to move the Word document to a Windows machine, and continue from there.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.