Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding metadata in InDesign, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Metadata is information about the document, and…is a requirement for an accessible PDF file.…Fortunately, that information can be added in an Adobe InDesign document and…will get passed on to the PDF file generated from Adobe InDesign.…This is a huge time saver, because you don't have to manually enter…the information every time to generate a new PDF from that InDesign document.…Now, I'm beginning this video with the metadata indesign document already open.…And the area where you enter metadata in indesign is…found by going to the file menu and choosing file info.…
Now the four fields that we're really concerned with that are going…to pass on to Adobe Acrobat Is the title, author, description, and keywords.…So for the document title, I'm going to go ahead and type in here,…Graphic Design at Roux.…The author I'll just go ahead and put my name in here for now.…The description, I'll just go ahead and type Roux Academy…Graphic design brochure.…
And then for keywords, again, we can type some…keywords that assist in finding, you know, relative information.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.