Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding hyperlinks in Word, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Hyperlinks are found in virtually every document today.…They're also a great tool for providing users with visual impairments with the…ability to follow that link, as long as they're tagged correctly, that is.…Fortunately Word does a great job of tagging hyperlinks appropriately…for accessibility purposes that transfer over to an accessible PDF file.…Keep in mind that you can add hyperlinks in Word for…Mac just as easily as you can on the Windows platform.…However, the hyperlinks and the proper tagging…will not transfer over on the Mac platform.…
You'll need to create the PDF using Word for Windows to achieve that result.…So I'm beginning this video with the hyperlinks Word Document…already open on my computer, and what I want to do is…I'm going to scroll down a little bit so you can…see that we have a hyperlink down here at the bottom.…Now, it's not actually defined as a hyperlink…right now, other than the, the text itself.…So I just want to show you something to be aware of.…I'll go to the Acrobat tab, go to Preferences,…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.