Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding hyperlinks in InDesign, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Hyperlinks provide a powerful way to navigate…to a URL, outside of the PDF document.…Providing additional information for the user.…Although Acrobat will automatically detect obvious hyperlinks…in a document, it won't detect them all.…They won't be tagged correctly either.…Because of this, it's important to create…the hyperlinks inside of InDesign for accessibility purposes.…Now beginning this video with the hyperlinks InDesign file already open.…And I'm basically going to zoom in down here at the bottom…of the document, where we have a hyperlink that needs to be applied.…
Now, as I've said before, if I exported…this, this obvious hyperlink will be detected by Acrobat.…But it's not actually going to be tagged as a link.…So, the important thing here is that we define it as a hyperlink.…So what I'll do here.…Is using my type tool, I'm going to select this text.…And we gotta open up our Hyperlinks panels.…So, in InDesign, we go to the Window menu, under Interactive and choose Hyperlinks.…And in the Hyperlinks panel, this is actually newly redesigned inside…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.