Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding bookmarks in Word, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Bookmarks are also valuable tools that provide a…method of navigation, for both sighted and non-sighted users.…Microsoft Word for Windows provides an automated method for adding bookmarks to…a PDF file, made using the PDF Maker feature in Word for Windows.…Let's take a look at how this feature works.…Now, I'm beginning this video with the Bookmarks Word document already open.…And what I'm going to do here is I'm…going to create a PDF file from this document.…
So, again, using the Acrobat tab in Word, I'm going to click on Create PDF.…And I'll just go ahead and save this to my desktop.…I'll call it Bookmarks.…So I'll save this document.…And we'll create a PDF file.…Now, I'm going to open up the Bookmarks tab and you can see here that…the main headings have already been added inside of this file.…So, let's take a look at why that is,…and what we added in there to make that happen.…I'm going to go ahead and close this file.…
And we'll go back to Word.…And we're going to go back to the Acrobat tab.…Now this time, I'm going to click on the Preferences button.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.