Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding bookmarks in Acrobat, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Bookmarks are a great way to provide additional…navigation to both cited and non cited users.…When we're mediating a PDF file from scratch.…You need to create the bookmarks directly inside of Acrobat.…Let's take a look.…I'm beginning this video with the…bookmarks.pdf file already opened on my computer.…And, what I'm going to do here is…I'm going to open up my Bookmarks, navigation pane.…Now you can see currently we don't have any bookmarks in this document.…So, what I thought we would do is…add some of those bookmarks to provide navigation tools.…
Yeah the nice thing about using and creating bookmarks inside…of Acrobat, is that we get a little bit more…control, in that not only is it saving the location…of the bookmark, but also the current view status as well.…So, this is actually kind of a side benefit for sighted users as well.…So, what I'm going to do to start, is I'm going to go…ahead and zoom in on the front cover of this brochure.…And, you can zoom in a little bit more if you like, kind of slide…this over, and just kind of get it you know, about to where you want it.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.