Microsoft Word can automatically generate bookmarks in a generated PDF file provided that styles have been used in the document. Learn how to generate bookmarks in an exported PDF file from Microsoft Word.
- [Instructor] You may recall when we remediated…a PDF file from scratch that we used Acrobat…to generate the bookmarks based on the tags applied…to the content of the document.…In similar fashion, we're going to use…the styles applied to the content in Word…to let it generate the bookmarks, as well.…Let me show ya where we configure this.…I have the Bookmarks Word document open on my computer.…I'm going to come up here to the Acrobat tab.…We're going to click on the Preferences button to open up…the preferences for how the PDF file's going to get created.…
Now, we do have the Create-Bookmarks option checked;…however, we need to make sure it's configured properly.…So, if you look up here at the top,…we have a Bookmarks tab that is essentially going to show us…every style that exists in our document.…What you can see here is that, by default,…this is another benefit, if you will,…of using the default headings in Word,…is that the default headings are already defined…to create a bookmark for those items automatically.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.