You can save a lot of time in the end of you add alternative text to images and graphics within PowerPoint. See how in this video.
- [Instructor] It's very common for PowerPoint…presentations to have a lot of imagery…built into the slide decks.…Now, as somebody who is becoming…more familiar with accessible PDF files,…we know that any figures, any images,…need to have alternate text applied to them.…Now the good news is we can do that…directly inside of PowerPoint.…We just need to do that prior to exporting the PDF.…So again, some images may be…strictly for aesthetic purposes.…
You might argue that that's the case…in the situation here.…Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to…artifact an object inside of PowerPoint or Excel,…or Word for that matter.…But we do have the ability to add alternate text.…So what I might do is come down to a slide…that has an image that does have some importance,…and if you click on that image,…you can then right click and choose format picture.…And very similar to Word,…you'll notice this third icon up here…gives you the alternative text section,…and in the description field,…you can add the descriptive content.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.