Watch to learn about the current accessibility standards that are available and which standard you should be striving for with your own PDF files.
- [Instructor] When you hear the term PDF accessibility…or you're asked the question is this PDF file accessible,…it's a very ambiguous question.…It's equivalent to asking a person…if they're healthy or not.…Many people are healthy, but most would agree…that there's always room for improvement.…The same analogy applies when…we talk about PDF accessibility.…When we're having this discussion…we're really talking about levels of accessibility.…You can have a PDF file that's accessible to a degree,…but there could still be room for improvement.…
In the last several years PDF accessibility standards…have been developed and even embraced to varying extents,…giving us more robust choices for how accessible…we want our files to be.…Adobe Acrobat DC provides a built-in accessibility checker,…that checks the accessibility of a document at a base level.…It ensures that the major requirements for accessibility…have been met for a reasonably good reading experience…for users using screen reading software.…
Throughout this course we'll be using this checker…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.