Christopher Randall shows how to create a new job in Accubid, and fill out the job information tab as well as the job notes tab.
- [Instructor] So let's open up Accubid and create a new job. Here's the user interface screen, and this is where your job directory will exist. Click on New Job. You're gonna notice that it asks for a new database. I typically do not do this. However, you can if you'd like the historical database information to go back on. Enter the new job name and any number that you might want to use to reference.
Any number is fine here. The first screen you'll see is the job info screen. This is a screen where you can put in information. It's more pertinent for when you have more than one person using this program file. So, for instance, you could put in a job category. You could put in the job address.
You can also put in the starting date and completion date. In addition to the job info screen, there's a notes screen. By selecting the Notes tab, you'll open up the notes screen. You could put in any, really, notes that you want in here that apply to this job, the shape or size of the building, who the controls work are by, excavation, anything that's specific, maybe specifications, like EMT fittings, are they cast, are they steel, the minimum conduit size, minimum wire size, anything that might be pertinent to your estimate that are specific to your job.
- Navigating Accubid
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Working with quoted material
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids