Learn the basic different factors of a length and count based assembly. Takeoff assemblies like conduit and wire to form a perfect entry to match field conditions.
- [Instructor] Some assemblies are factored by count…and length.…A good example of this is branch, conduit, and wire.…I'll left click that, I'll open up the category…of branch, conduit, and wire,…choose EMT with steel fittings,…go further and select half inch EMT with steel set…screw and box,…find the assembly that I want,…half-inch EMT on concrete,…and you'll see all the items come up in this assembly.…
Choose a length,…I'm in 20 feet,…and a count.…The count will be the instances of certain items…in this take-off.…Perhaps I'll put 20.…Go down below and you'll see all of the calculations…for this assembly,…based on count or length,…there's 120 feet,…there's 12 couplings, based on the length.…You'll notice that this is a divisible,…so it's a factor of one per length, divisible by 10.…
Go down to count, there's two connectors per count,…so there's a total of 40.…I'm gonna say okay to this.…Now, in addition to all this conduit, fittings, boxes,…I can add wire.…I go up to the next step button,…and I'm building this assembly further.…
- Navigating Accubid
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Working with quoted material
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3Dwith Eric Wing1h 15m Intermediate
1. Program Overview
2. Job Takeoff
3. Extension Screen
4. Labor Screens
5. Quotes and Direct Job Expenses
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.