- Well, we've learned a lot about balance score cards…and key performance indicators.…Have you found any way to use this information…to help you in your personal life?…- Yes, I have.…- How?…- Well it's right here.…See this? This is my personal balance score card.…- You have a personal balance score card?…- Absolutely, this is where I keep track…of a few key measurements every day…to make sure I'm doing the most important things in my life.…- Give me an example.…- Okay, I'll give you an example right here.…Right here, I write down my weight every morning.…
- You just weigh yourself and write it down?…- Yeah, I write it right here.…Knowing I'm going to weigh myself…and write it down the next morning…causes me to think twice today about grabbing…donuts or potato chips and shoving them into my mouth.…- What else?…- Well right here I make a little mark each day…so see if I've read a story with my daughters.…See, I have two daughters, 14-years-old.…- How does that influence your behavior?…- All right, well when it's getting late at night…
In this course, accounting professors Jim and Kay Stice explain what KPIs your business should consider in a balanced scorecard, from financial goals to employee and customer satisfaction. They describe how to craft a clear mission statement that complements your KPIs, and how to tie performance to incentives. Plus, get a look at KPIs in action, as Jim and Kay break down a case study examining a trucking company's balanced scorecard.
- The importance of KPIs and measuring performance
- Financial goals and measure
- Customer needs and satisfaction
- Employee growth
- Creating an effective mission statement
- Linking measurements and rewards
- Examining a KPI case study
Skill Level Intermediate
Running a Profitable Business: Revenue Recognitionwith Jim Stice1h 32m Intermediate
1. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
2. Balanced Scorecard Categories
3. Mission Statements and Key Performance Indicators
4. Performance Evaluation: You Get What You Measure
Link measures and rewards2m 48s
5. Case Study: Key Performance Indicators in a Trucking Business
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.