Join Derek Featherstone for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting expectations, part of UX Foundations: Accessibility.
- There are many clues in an interface that help people…orient themselves to figure out where they are,…what they can do, and what will happen if they click…on a link, submit a form, or perform some other action.…But what happens when we're faced with the unexpected?…We can get easily confused, lost, or even worse,…stuck and unable to move forward.…We often talk about disability as a usability amplifier,…many challenges that a person with a disability face…are also challenges for people without disabilities.…
Their disability amplifies the severity of the issue though,…a problem that might slow me down by a few seconds…may slow down someone with a disability by a few minutes.…What happens when we combine these two?…When something unexpected happens it can confuse anyone.…When it happens to someone who has a disability,…who relies on assistive technology to work their…computer the effects can be much more profound.…Our responsibility as UX Pros is to always strive…for absolute clarity and that starts with setting…
- What is accessibility?
- Managing flow
- Ensuring proximity in your design
- Understanding how screen readers and voice recognition programs work
- Designing for hearing, vision, mobility, and cognitive issues
- Considering accessibility in layout
- Integrating accessibility into your content strategy