- View Offline
- What is accessibility?
- Managing flow
- Ensuring proximity in your design
- Understanding how screen readers and voice recognition programs work
- Designing for hearing, vision, mobility, and cognitive issues
- Considering accessibility in layout
- Integrating accessibility into your content strategy
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, everyone, I'm Derek Featherstone and welcome to Foundations of UX Accessibility. In this course, we'll look at what Accessibility is and how it impacts people with disabilities on the web. Then, we'll take a look at several Accessibility concepts and what they mean to you as a designer. You'll also see first hand how different assistive technology works, the tools that people with disabilities use to get around your site or application. We'll cover all of this and more, including a look at functional needs for working with personas and integrating Accessibility into your work as a user experience professional.
And remember, this is just the tip of the iceberg but is designed to help you chart a course forward to crafting accessible sites. Now, let's get started with Foundations of UX Accessibility.