Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with view settings, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Let's take a deeper dive into the editing process…for our view, because with our tables in place,…what we really wanna focus on now…is our user interface, which is almost all views…and no small icons for tables.…And then we'll take a look at some actions…or macros that we can add on to round out…the complement of features that are available…here in our web app.…So I'm gonna click Edit to go into the List view of Issues.…Now, you might notice the entire view is selected.…
We have some buttons in the upper right…I'm going to talk about in a moment,…and Summary over on the left-hand side.…First, we have a Data button.…And all we'll learn here is what table…this view is bound to.…Could I change tables?…Sure.…Would I want to?…Not normally, however, occasionally…you might have a reason to do this.…You might be building your web app…with one set of tables that are empty,…and then have tables that are filled…that you'd like to bring in, and you simply wanna swap them.…
But normally, we won't make a change here.…The second item is Formatting for the entire view.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
Welcome Updated1m 2s
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps Updated1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.