Data macros perform specific tasks in response to changes in your table data. In this video, learn how to work with data macros.
- [Presenter] Data macros add macro capabilities to tables.…One common use for data macros is to send an email…when table data meets a predefined condition.…For example, the macro can send an email…if a customer from Oregon places an order.…In this movie I will show you how to create a data macro.…I've opened the course database,…and I need to display the tables that are available.…So, I'll go to the tables section.…And you might see a different list of tables…based on what you've done already,…but I want to work with customers,…so I will double click the customers table…to open it in table view.…
Now that the table is open,…I can go to the table contextual tab on the ribbon.…And in after events I can click after insert.…Access opens a data macro window,…and I can select my actions.…In this case, what I want to do…is select the if action for program flow…from over here in the action catalog.…If for some reason you don't see the action catalog,…for example, if you close it accidentally,…you can go to the design contextual tab of the ribbon…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.