Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Why would you want to create a dynamic dashboard?, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Excel 2013.
- Okay, so when we talk about…creating a Dynamic Dashboard,…what is a Dynamic Dashboard?…And why on earth would we want to create it?…So, there's some benefits for users.…Number one,…creating a Dynamic Dashboard…is about making data easier to view.…A lot of times we receive Excel extracts or raw data files…and just combing through an Excel file…is not always the easiest thing…for everybody to take a look at.…So we want to create a way…for people to be able to view data easily and quickly.…
And that's the second part.…We wanna make analysis faster.…So we can certainly work through creating pivot tables…or doing statistical analysis,…but we wanna make analysis fast through visual display.…And we also can take advantage…of allowing users to see the data however they want.…So within a Dynamic Dashboard,…we'll talk more about this, but…we're gonna put in some filters…and other options to be able to allow people…to see the exact slice of data that they wanna see…by the dimensions that they wanna see.…
So when we talk about improving visual display,…
- Defining your requirements
- Setting up data
- Adding reference tables
- Creating hierarchy in the layout
- Choosing color and typography
- Importing data
- Inserting slicers
- Recording a macro
- Editing VBA code
- Improving the user experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Dynamic Dashboards
Topics in this course5m 39s
2. Preparing Your Data
3. Designing Your Visual Layout
Design elements: Color6m 20s
4. Designing the Report
5. Improving User Experience
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.