New to databases? Get an overview of Access 2016, including building tables, defining relationships, and creating queries and reports.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] If you're curious how a database can help you organize your data, then learning how Access works is a fantastic first step. I'm going to walk you through your first steps working with Microsoft's venerable database program. First we'll start with a grand tour though the Access interface and take a look at how you can get going quickly by using one of the freshly updated starter templates. Then we'll shift gears a little bit and start building a customized application that responds to the unique requirements of our own data. I'll show you how to create tables and choose data types, pull in some data from an Excel spreadsheet, and see how to start thinking about your data from a relational perspective.
This course is designed for those with little to no experience with Microsoft Access, so if you want to take a peek and see what the relational databases are all about, then this is a great course to start with. So let's get ready to start exploring Microsoft Access 2016.
If you need a deeper dive into the topics discussed, check out Adam's Access 2016 Essential Training course.
- Loading a premade template database
- Exploring the interface
- Defining data types
- Creating tables
- Defining table relationships
- Editing forms
- Creating queries and reports
- Editing reports in Layout view