Create a better user experience for your Access database. Make it faster, more efficient, and fun with these power tips.
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Access 2013 Power Tips. In this project based course, we are going to explore several ways you can enhance your databases operation and prepare it for the end user. We'll explore techniques to create a great startup experience, including removing the access interface elements that you and your end users won't need to see on a daily basis. And we'll borrow some tricks from web design to help make the database more attractive and fun to interact with. I'll introduce you to the hidden system objects that work behind the scenes in any access database, and share a technique that you can use to leverage the information that they contain.
We'll also see how to clean up the cluttered navigation pain, by embedding objects inside of other objects, or simply hiding them from view. We'll take a look at helping the end user easily navigate our database by incorporating cascading combo boxes that filter long lists of options. We'll add contact sensitive help and instruction, and give Power uses something that they can never have enough of, keyboard shortcuts. So let's get started with Access 2013 Power Tips.
- Creating a kiosk experience
- Hiding the ribbon
- Creating cascading combo boxes
- Working with hidden objects
- Creating a separate back end
- Building a dynamic reporting tool
- Writing custom functions in Visual Basic
- Distributing your application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating a Start-up Experience
2. Creating Cascading Combo Boxes
3. Working with Hidden Objects
4. Working with Split Databases
Creating a back end3m 44s
5. Creating a Dynamic Reporting Tool
6. Aiding the End User
7. Writing Custom Functions in Visual Basic
8. Distributing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.