Add calculated fields, use comparison operators, use basic operators
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna guess that,…by now you're feeling pretty comfortable with queries,…both creating them, running them,…and modifying them.…In this video, we're gonna talk about how we can create…a calculated field in our query.…We can use the basic summary functions of…Sum, Average, Multiply, Divide,…and then we'll see how we can sort the information.…On the Access 2013 Mos Exam,…there's a really good chance that you'll be asked to…create a calculated field in a query.…
So, in this video, we'll review the steps,…and also see how we can sort the information,…and you'll be very comfortable working with that…task on the Mos exam.…Let's go ahead and dive right in.…I have the 04_05 exercise file open,…and we see that we have one query,…it's called Order Query.…I'm gonna go ahead and double click to open it.…We have an Order ID column,…Product ID,…Unit Price,…and Quantity.…
In this query, we're going to create a calculated field…that will multiply the Unit Price times the Quantity.…We'll go ahead and go into Design View.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.