- All of the queries that we've looked at so far…were examples of select queries.…These are queries that merely look through…your data tables and pull out the relevant records.…There's a second class of query though…called action queries.…These will go through your data tables…and actually make changes to the data within.…When used properly they can be extremely useful…to help change large amounts of data very quickly.…They can also quickly create a huge headache though…if things go awry.…So make sure you have a backup in place…whenever you attempt to run one of the action queries.…The first one I want to look at is called…the update query, but before we do, let's review the data…we want to actually update.…
I'm going to double click on the Landon Employees…table here in the Navigation pane.…and then we're going to expand the title section here…just so we can see these titles.…So let's suppose that the Landon Hotel…wants to promote different pages on their website…and has directed all of the hospitality directors…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.