Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using make table queries, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- The Make Table action query is useful…if you would like to convert a queries temporary record set…into a stand alone table.…This is perfect for exporting a snapshot of the data…as it exists today.…Remember, that queries by their nature,…update automatically to show you…the current state of the data.…By exporting the results to a new table,…you can essentially freeze the results.…Let's go ahead and take a look how we can use this…by going up to the create tab and starting a new query…in design view.…In this case, I want to create a query…that archives our guests and room assignment data…for quarter one of 2015.…
I'm going to pull information form our guest table…by double clicking on it here…and the room assignments table and I'll double click there.…Let's go ahead and close the show table window…and we'll add a few fields to our query here.…I'm going to add the guest ID,…first name and last name from the guests table,…and we're going to take the check in date,…and room ID from the room assignments table.…Now, if I were just to run this query right now,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.