Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the If macro action, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Lots of moving parts.…Remember that if we want to get back…to our macro that we're going to edit,…and we put it right here on this button and click.…So here's our macro that requeries…to find those items that are not closed,…that are do in the next 30 days.…The problem is, of course, we don't always want to do that.…So what we need to do, is we need to do,…is we need to add an if.…I'm just gonna drag this out here and put it first.…
The very first thing we want to do…is we want to run our macro.…So let's add an expression.…Here's our macro commands.…I'm gonna run a data macro first.…Throw that right up on top.…We have a macro name, IssuesNext30Days.…And in the SetLocal variable,…we need to have a variable that's here,…that we can set equal to RecordFound.…In other words, something that's gonna work…here in this particular macro.…Well, if the RecordFound equals yes,…then our next choice is that we would want to…then apply the filter.…
So, let's go ahead and call this ApplyFilter.…That will work.…So now, having run the macro, and gotten a value back…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.