- The next two controls that I want to explore…are the line and rectangle controls.…They're useful for marking off space…and grouping elements together on your forms and reports.…Admittedly, lines and rectangles are not very exciting,…but proper use of them could go a long way…to making your forms and reports legible and unambiguous.…Let's continue working with the Controls Form…that we set up in the last movie.…I can jump right into Design View…by right-clicking on it here in the navigation pane…and choosing Design View from the menu.…The line control is this one over here…on the Design tab in the Controls group.…It's got the slanty line here.…
Let's go ahead and select it,…and I'll add one into my form.…Now when you click and drag out a line,…you'll get this bounding box rectangle…with a line drawn between the two corners.…Now lines have this weird, unique property…that when they're perfectly horizontal…or perfectly vertical, they actually turn invisible,…so you can't even see what you're doing here.…It's a little bit strange.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.