Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] The exercise files are free for all members. To start, download the exercise file package to a location on your computer, such as I have to my desktop. When I open the folder, I see a series of files. I'll tell you when to open each file as we proceed through the course. If you open a file during a course, I recommend that you use Save As so that you don't overwrite the original file, just in case you want to do the exercise again. You'll also have the document that you created and the original file available to you.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Identify the location of the search field in a table.
- Recall how to update identical information across multiple records.
- Explain how to create a report that pulls information from two tables.
- Explain the difference between a split form and a subform.
- Identify two methods used to create a calculated field in a query.
- Summarize how to display information in a particular order when creating a report.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.