Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- If you're a premium member of lynda.com you have access to the exercise files I use in this course. I have them here in a folder on my desktop. You can download them from the course homepage. There are folders for each chapter and inside each folder are relevant exercise files for each movie. If you're not a premium member of lynda.com you can use your own files and follow along with me. At any point you jump in and out of the course you go to the exercise files your links may become broken. To update any of your linked files you can right-click your link, go to the linked table manager, prompt for the new location.
When you click okay it will lead you to choose the department list file and whatever exercise files you're working with. For this example I'm gonna be using exercise files in Chapter 4. I'll double click until I get to there and then we're connected to the original start file. It'll tell us that we're linked successfully, I'll click okay and then choose close.
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.