Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- If you are a premium subscriber to the lynda.com online training library then you have access to the same Exercise Files that I'll be using here on the screen. Simply follow the link at the top of the main course page to download them. I'll be working with the Exercise Files here on my Desktop, but you can go ahead and place yours wherever you'd like. Inside the Exercise Files folder you'll notice folders for each chapter of the course. And inside of these you'll find the individual database files, along with any other assets that we'll make use of. If you don't have access to the Exercise Files you could follow along with your own databases.
Oh, and a word of caution. Because Access saves changes to files automatically while you're working with them I would highly recommend returning to a clean and unaltered copy of the files if you'd like to work through an exercise multiple times. Now let's get started.
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.