Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- If you are a premium subscriber to the Lynda.com Online Training Library, then you have access to the same exercise files that I'll be using on screen. Simply follow the link at the top of the main course page to download them. I'll be working with the files here on my desktop. But you can place yours wherever you'd like. Inside of the exercise files folder, you'll notice a folder for each chapter of the course. And inside of there, you'll find individual database files along with any other course images or assets that we'll be making use of. In some cases, you'll also find the completed version of that file that you can compare your work against mine.
Now, if you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with your own databases. Now let's get started.
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.