- In our last movie, we identified a couple of people…that are in our Guests Table that have never…actually checked into the hotel.…We can create a Delete Query to remove them…from the database if we'd like.…Let's do that by going up to the Create tab…and starting a new Query in Design view,…and I'm going to add in that Guests Table here.…Now I also want to add in the related Query…that we built in the last movie,…and I can do that by switching over to the Queries tab here,…and finding it in the list.…Here it is, GuestsWithoutCheckins.…I'll double click on that to add that to my Query Design.…Let's go ahead and close the Show Table window here,…and now we need to create a relationship…between these two Tables, and we have the GuestID…in both of these, this Table over here and the Query,…and we can create a relationship just like we did…in the original movie on creating relationships.…
We'll just click and drag,…and we'll drop on top of the other field.…Now we saw earlier that the default Join Properties…between the two Tables is to only show records…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.