Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using append queries, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- When you want to permanently join the contents…of two tables together you can use an Append query…to make quick work of the task.…Earlier we saw how we can use a Make Table query…to export quarterly archives of the guest records.…I have the LandonHotel-Append file open right now…and we can see that some time has elapsed…and we now have tables for each quarter in 2015.…Now management wants us to combine all of them…into a single archive table…and we can do that with an Append query.…Let's go ahead and start with the Create tab…and go to Query Design.…Now the first thing I need to do is set up the structure…of the table that I want everything to go into,…so I'm going to select the Q1-2015 GuestArchive table here,…I'll just double-click,…and we'll close the Show Table window.…
Next I'll double-click on the *…to include everything from the GuestArchive,…and then I'm going to change this to Make Table here…and we're going to choose a Table Name of 2015-FullArchive.…We'll leave it in the Current Database and I'll press OK.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.