Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Tell Me feature, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- The Tell Me search box is a new feature…of the Office suite,…and it makes it really easy to find commands…that might otherwise get lost somewhere…on the ribbon or in a menu.…In order to get to the Tell Me box,…just come up here to the top of the interface,…and click in this window here.…Here we can type in something…that we might be interested in finding.…For instance, I'll go ahead and type in Query Design,…and you'll notice it jumps me right to that option…to start a new Query in Design view.…All I need to do is press the Enter key to run that option.…Let's go ahead and close down this Show Table window…and the Query that came open.…
Another faster way of getting…to the Tell Me box is to use our Alt shortcut keys.…Remember, that shows up with these little letters…on top of our ribbon tabs,…but you'll also see that we get a Q character…on top of the Tell Me box,…so the shortcut key for Tell Me is Alt + Q.…That'll jump my cursor right in there…from anywhere within Access,…in which case I could just start typing.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.