- In the last movie, we created this…CheckInDetails report.…Let's go ahead and double click on it open it up.…One of the things about this report that Access just created…is that Access placed a single line for each record…that was coming out of the original query.…It's currently sorted chronologically by CheckInDate,…which is a logical way to organize this information,…but it's not really the only way.…What if I wanted to see the details for each guest?…For instance, what if I wanted to see Anna Cunningham…and all of her check-in dates,…and then Carl Garza and then all of his check-in dates?…We could go ahead and organize our report that way,…and we can start doing so with the Wizard.…
Let's go ahead and close this report down,…and I'm going to start a new report here…by going to the Create tab.…And then in the Report section, I'm going to choose…the Report Wizard option.…That will start up the Report Wizard,…and you've seen this several times at this point.…This is just building a query that's going to drive data…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.