Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Navigation pane, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- The Navigation pane over here…on the left-hand side of my screen…is the Table of Contents for your database.…It displays all of the objects, the tables,…queries, forms, reports, and macros…that make up the database,…and it also allows you to filter and search…through those objects to get to the one…that you're looking for quickly.…Right now, the Navigation pane is…in its default configuration.…It says All Access Objects up here across the top.…We can make the Navigation pane a little bit wider…so we can see the full text here…just by dragging on the bar over here…on the right-hand side.…Below the text All Access Objects,…I have a little search box here.…
This is useful for searching for various objects…within my database.…So for instance, if I did a search for room,…you'll see all of the various objects…that include room in their name…including the tables here, queries, and then the reports.…If you want to clear out the filter that you just typed in,…just press this little funnel icon with the red X…and that'll clear the search string…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.