Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Form Wizard, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- The Form Wizard will walk us through…some of the additional options…that we have when creating a Form,…giving us more flexibility in how the Form is organized…in the simple one-click method that we just saw.…In order to use the Wizard,…we'll come up here to the Create tab,…and in the Forms section,…we'll find the button labeled Form Wizard.…Go ahead and give that a click,…and that'll start up the Form Wizard.…So let's go ahead and create another Form…based off of our Guest list and the RoomAssignments Table.…This screen here might actually look familiar to you.…We saw this same thing when we were working…with the Query Wizard,…and essentially, that's all we're doing right now…is we're creating a Query to gather the records together…and then we'll generate the Form here in an upcoming step.…
So, let's go ahead and choose some fields…from our Guests Table.…If it's not selected here, you can use this drop down list…to choose Table: Guests.…Now I'm going to go ahead and add in the FirstName,…and I'll grab it and move that over,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.