Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating your data, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Excel 2013.
- Updating data is also an important part…of using our Excel template,…and during the time that we were…recording the course, there was a new update…that came out because they refresh it weekly.…We know that it's a new version by scrolling over…to the right, we can see our process date is…listed as 4/21/2015 and our original…process date was 4/14/2015 which is great…because we knew the report was gonna be…updated on a weekly basis and now we can add…this data right back into our template.…To do this, I'm going to go ahead and open…up my access database and I wanna…first clear out my import because…remember our import is the…starting point of our data flow.…
I'm just gonna hit Control A and then delete.…Remember all of these are already in my clean file…so I don't have to worry about losing my data.…Now I'm gonna Alt Tab back to my Excel report,…highlight the first column,…use Control, Shift, Down Arrow; Control C to copy…and now I'm gonna right-click and paste.…Uh-oh. So this is an error that is telling me…that one of the fields has changed.…
- Recognize three dimensions of a PivotTable.
- Summarize four design tips.
- Identify the two default sections for values in Excel.
- Explain how to add slicers in a single column.
- Recall the shortcut used to insert a hyperlink.
- Determine the location to look when you have an error while pasting data.