- The next Access object that we're going to…start working with is forms.…Form objects serve several important…roles in the database.…First, forms will create the main user interface…for your database and allow you to set up…navigation systems and group tasks…in ways that make sense for your organization.…Forms provide a blank canvas…for you to populate with lots of objects…in order to manipulate the data…and functionality of the database.…You'll do this by adding references…to table fields and records and other control objects…such as buttons that are attached to macros…or Visual Basic routines in order to provide interactivity…and trigger pre-scripted events.…
You can also create a unique experience…for the users of your database…by adding images and using font and color schemes…that are pleasing to work with…and that support your organization's brand.…Finally, you can add additional interactive controls…to your data such as toggle buttons…and dropdown combo boxes and charts.…Primarily, forms will be used to interact with your data.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.