Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding parameter queries, part of Access 2010: Queries in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far, we've seen lots of ways that you the query designer can control the…records displayed in the query data sheet.…But what if we wanted to setup a framework and allow the end user of our query…to supply some of the input?…For instance, what if we have a question that asks which employees live in the…state of blank or blank is supplied by the end user at runtime?…Access allows us to answer these kinds of questions with a parameter query.…A parameter query allows you to create a query framework that will request some…little bit of additional information every time it's viewed.…This saves you from creating a separate query for each and every possible…question that you or your end users might have.…
Let's go into Access and we will create a query that answers this specific question.…We will go up to the Create tab and we'll create a new query in Design view.…Now, we are interested in finding out information about our employees and the…states they are from.…So we will take the Employees table, double-click on it, and the States table,…
- Naming conventions and best practices
- Working with joins
- Using comparison operators
- Defining criteria for select queries
- Creating parameter queries
- Creating calculated fields
- Working with dates and times
- Using the Expression Builder
- Creating conditional statements
- Making, deleting and appending records
- Building reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Access 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock3h 43m Intermediate
1. Creating Queries in Access
2. Creating Simple Select Queries
3. Creating Parameter Queries
Creating a combo box4m 30s
4. Applying Aggregate Calculations (aka Totals Queries)
5. Working with Dates in Queries
6. Understanding Conditional Statements
7. Linking It All Together
8. Alternative Query Types
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.