Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding input boxes, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Typing text into a box on your form is probably…the most common way to enter data,…but it's also the way with the least control…on what gets entered.…I'm going to open up the Employees form…that we've been working with…by double clicking on it.…And you'll notice that most of these fields,…including the name here, the title,…and the address are all just Text Boxes.…I can highlight this text…and change it to whatever I'd like.…The country field though,…that currently says United Kingdom,…is listing as a Combo Box.…I've got this drop down arrow over here,…and we can make selections from the list.…Now it's doing this because we previously…set up the table that's driving this data,…to be set up as a List Box,…so that's where that's coming from here.…
Now we can get the same effect here…on the address field without having to go back…and redesign the Landon Employees table.…Let's go ahead and change this address…into a combo field, just like our country field.…I can do that by switching my view…over in here to Design View.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.