Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding data events and data macros, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Data Macros are different from our regular web macros…and Data Macros allow us to respond to events…that are happening in our data.…We have three specific Data Events we'll look at…and when we choose Data Macro we get…an entirely different set of options in our Action Catalog…as you can see here in the task pane.…Let's take a deeper dive…into Data Events and Data Macros.…There are three things that you'll do with a table.…
First you might add a record to it…and that event is called On Insert.…Imagine that you're thinking about rows in a table…and you're inserting a new row…whenever you add a new record.…So just before that record commits,…just before it's inserted into the table…there is an On Insert event that runs.…Or you might want to edit one of the particular records…in your table, that's called an Update.…So you have an existing record, you've opened it,…and just before the changes are committed…the On Update event runs.…
The third event is called On Delete…and it's pretty self-explanatory,…you wanna get rid of a record, delete a row from the table.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.