- All Access database files have the potential…to contain dangerous or malicious code buried…within the embedded macros or visual basic routines.…If you're unsure about a database's origins,…you should be very careful about allowing them…to run before you have a chance to check them out…and make sure that they're safe.…Because of this, Access requires you…to give specific permissions…to a database file before it will activate…and run any code within the database.…So when opening a new file for the first time,…Access is going to display this yellow security warning…across the top of the screen.…There are several ways that we can handle this.…
If I go over here to the far right, I've got an X button.…I can click that to dismiss the warning.…In this case, Access will let us work…but it won't run any macros or code modules…and this could prevent the database…from functioning properly.…We can come over here…and press this button that says Enable Content.…If we press the Enable Content button…to trust this particular file,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.