Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the AutoExec macro in Access, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Every system is different,…but imagine that your system requires…that the data be imported, queried, and updated.…You have multiple choices to make when this happens…in an Access database.…You may find one of the key features of macros…is the AutoExec, which means automatic execute.…When the database opens, if there's an AutoExec macro…in place, the database will automatically run…this set of macros.…OK, so let's create the AutoExec.…I'm going to go ahead and save my…import new hires, and close that.…
I'll choose create.…I'll choose macro.…And we'll keep it simple here, I'll do welcome,…in a message box, to our new system.…And I'll give it a title of welcome.…Now, if you want to have it do other things,…like import new hires or export orders,…you could go ahead and build those in.…And as soon as the database is opened,…those commands will execute.…
OK, so I'm going to keep it simple again,…and I'm going to run a macro,…and I'll just run that export orders.…I don't need to repeat it.…So, we'll just do export orders in a message box.…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.