- Adding wildcard characters to your query criteria…is a perfect way for those times…when you want to filter your data,…based off of a common pattern,…rather than an exact text match.…Let's go ahead and create a new query by going to…the create tab and then choosing the query designer.…I'm going to build a query based off of our guests table.…So, I'll double click it here in the show table window,…and then we'll go ahead and close the show table window.…From the guests table, we're going…to pull out a couple of fields.…I'm going to double click first name,…double click last name, and we'll go ahead…and scroll down here, and we'll double click on phone,…and then we'll go ahead and scroll back up,…and double click on country here.…
So, we've already seen that we can do…an exact text search by coming down here…to the criteria row, for instance,…I'm in a criteria row below last name,…and I can just type in Miller, for instance,…if I wanted to find all of our guests…with the last name of Miller.…If I run this query, by coming up here…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.