Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting table data, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- A common task with any table of data is…to sort the contents to bring relevant records to the top.…On the home tab of the ribbon,…we have a group here called Sort & Filter,…and it has all the tools we need to do just that.…Let's go ahead and open up our Guests table…by double-clicking on it here in the navigation pane,…and we can take a look at how the sorting will work.…Right now, our records are in the order…that they were put into the database,…with the first record, GuestID #1 at the top,…and then GuestID #201 at the bottom.…I can sort these records based off of…any field that I choose, however.…
To put them alphabetically by last name,…all I need to do is click any field…in the last name column here,…and choose Ascending or Descending from the ribbon.…I'll go ahead and choose Ascending,…and you'll see the names sort this way.…I can also right-click on this column header up here…and choose Sort A to Z or Z to A from this pop-up menu.…Or, on the very right-hand side of the menu,…there's a little drop-down list here,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.